Wednesday, July 10, 2013

[Draft] Mubuntu - A Simple, Minimal System based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Update: For now, me and other users are discussing the project over here on facebook. Also, here on LXDE Forum. Soon, I will setup a new area most likely on Launchpad and offer a Mailing List :)

History:

This idea has started here
Then more about it here

And here, I will explain some simple thoughts and we can discuss that later :)


  1. This system to be based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Mini ISO
  2. This is not a good option for NEW Comers to Linux because it will be a minimal system. Someone came from Windows won't find this interesting.
  3. This is for Current Linux Users.
  4. Have very few packages (File Manager, Browser, others).
  5. It should be lighter than Lubuntu
  6. DE might NOT be LXDE - I am thinking about other alternatives.

What to do?
  • Will update this with more details
  • I think I will create a Wiki Page for this

No comments:

Post a Comment