Saturday, June 01, 2013

Time to ...

Update:

"Once you choose hope, anything's possible." - Christopher Reeve

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

"Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope."

Having the above said, I have decided to choose hope and never give up nor surrender. I refuse to lose against Real Life and as much achievements as I have done so far in Linux World, I can take that to Real Life and fight over there too. I will never lose, I don't lose, I always win because I decided to choose hope.

No further action from anyone is required. I shall remain on my roles.
However, I also decided to focus on the important stuff. Issues I have proved over and over again, endless repeated debates, answering the same questions, etc ... I will not go into these anymore. 

My main focus will be, beside my roles:
1- Projects - sub projects for Lubuntu.
2- Support 
3- Documentations 
4- Communications 
5- Testing (ONLY if I have enough time for that).

Thank you for the wonderful Emails I have received (were sent directly to me) and for your great wishes. Perhaps these wishes helped a lot to make up my mind :D

I consider this as the first step to fight back and win ;)


Have a wonderful day!


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Subject: Time to ...
To: lubuntu user list <lubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>, "lubuntu-qa@lists.launchpad.net" <lubuntu-qa@lists.launchpad.net>
Cc: Lubuntu Comms <lubuntu-comms@lists.launchpad.net>, lubuntu-support@lists.launchpad.net, "lubuntu-wiki-docs@lists.launchpad.net" <lubuntu-wiki-docs@lists.launchpad.net>

Dear Lubuntu Community,

I can't believe I'm writing this email.

Now I have come to the cross-roads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew, but I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard.

Yes, the above is a quote from "Scent of a Woman" [1] but it match 100% my situation right now.

I have come to the cross-roads in my 'Real Life'. I must now decide:

1- To carry on with Lubuntu with whatever I was doing all these months/years 

OR

2- Resign.

I will think deeper about this 'hard' decision and get back to you.
Please, consider this as a note.

I'm not sure if I updated my Wiki Page with ALL my Lubuntu Activities but I hope it will tell you what I've been doing: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad

If I resign, you guys need someone to fill my place.

This is as a notice. I do have a commitment with all of you. So, I can not just walk away and leave without any notice. 

I will take a break. I was not away for a vacation or something by the way. For more than two weeks, I had the hardest days in my life with so many decisions, actions, etc.
Now, I need to take a real break from the internet and all my activities and see what to do.

I do hope that I can come up with a plan for my real life so that I can still carry on with Lubuntu. Fingers Crossed.
If that could not be done due to real life itself, then I have to leave.

I hope you will accept me once again in case I left and wanted to re-join :)

Will let you know about my final decision.

Thank you! 


Best Regards,
Start Ubuntu

Test Machine: ASUS F3F Laptop - Intel Core Duo T2350 @ 1.86GHz with 489MB RAM

No comments:

Post a Comment