Friday, October 04, 2013

This Blog is Back to Action with StartUbuntu Related Updates/News

After spending some time updating my forsaken blog, I guess it looks better now with new feel and look.

Now, I'd like to start to bring some life back to this blog with some news/updates regarding StartUbuntu.

What is StartUbuntu?

Oh, if you haven't heard of it yet, where are you living?

StartUbuntu is by far, my biggest project which has already seen the light. I am sorry, I should have mentioned it earlier on my blog but where is the time? I've been heavily involved with StartUbuntu and many other things (mainly building an empire called Ubuntu GNOME Team).

I have dedicated a whole new tab just for it and had to remove some old tabs.

Now, there is something interesting that I'd like to share with you here:

From Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows wins VB100 award, I'd like to quote:

"Virus Bulletin testing was conducted on a PC running Windows XP Professional SP3. Although the testing did not use the very latest version of Microsoft’s operating system, it still replicated conditions which are frequently found on home and corporate computers all over the world. Different independent experts have concluded that Windows XP retains 30-40% of the market share for operating systems. Statistics from Kaspersky Lab’s cloud service Kaspersky Security Network, used by over 60 million users around the world, support this. According to Kaspersky Security Network, as of the end of April 2013, over 30% of subscribers were using PCs running Windows XP – the vast majority of them XP Professional."

By far, this is the most interesting news, ever. Imagine then how many users are 'STILL' actually using Windows XP? and imagine, if we could reach to at least 10% of them, what could happen? and when those 10% will start using Linux/Ubuntu what could happen? and when those who started to use Linux/Ubuntu start to spread the word and invite other Windows XP Users to try/use Linux/Ubuntu, then what could happen? and imagine when more and more will spread the word and invite their friends, family and colleagues, what could happen? and when Windows 7 and Windows 8 users will start to hear about all this, what could happen?

Yes, when I say StartUbuntu a project that will change the world and end the era of Microsoft Windows, I know what I am talking about and I mean it.

Hey, be realistic? I am indeed but guess I am optimistic more and WHY NOT? I breathe Linux, of course I am optimistic :)


Share, spread the word and don't ever stop talking about StartUbuntu.
Please, make sure to use HASHTAG on all the social media:

#StartUbuntu

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment